Thank you for registering for our 2nd Annual CROSS Research Symposium & 9th UCSC Systems Oktoberfest. We are delighted that you could join us and are grateful for your ongoing support of our lab, our students, and our research activities.
DETAILED DIRECTIONS TO UCSC AND THE CORE WEST PARKING STRUCTURE
Start with this link: http://maps.ucsc.edu/content/directions-campus . It provides general driving directions from the Bay Area to Santa Cruz and the UCSC campus.
Directions to the CORE WEST PARKING STRUCTURE and the BASKIN SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
- Once you are on Business Highway 1 (Mission Street), travel approximately 1 mile north to Bay Street. Turn right and drive up to the Main Campus Entrance. At that point turn left onto Empire Grade (see map below). (Note: starting at the entrance to campus, there will be small black and white signs that say “CROSS” to help guide you along the way.)
- Follow EMPIRE GRADE to the WEST ENTRANCE of campus (there is a traffic light there). Turn right onto HELLER DRIVEand continue through four stop signs. A short distance after the 4th stop sign turn right into the CORE WEST PARKING STRUCTURE (just before the Heller/McLauglin intersection). There will be a sign there that directs CROSS attendees to one of the floors of the parking structure.
Permits are required for parking (you will get a ticket if you do not display one).
- Parking permits can be picked up at the Core West parking structure the morning of the event between 7:30 and 9:30am. Event parking attendants will meet you in Core West; keep driving until you see them. They will give you a permit to display and direct you to a parking space. The attendants will have a list of registered attendees, so be prepared to identify yourself as a symposium participant.
- If you need a parking permit, but arrive after 9:30am— the attendants leave the garage promptly at 9:30 am — you can pick up a permit at the INFORMATION KIOSK at the CAMPUS MAIN ENTRANCE. Give your name to the Kiosk attendees and tell them that you are attending the CROSS Symposium.
- If you want a parking permit but did not request one when you registered(and therefore are not on the parking attendant’s list of registered attendees), we will have extra permits at the Registration Desk in the Baskin Engineering Lower Courtyard. To get there continue driving past the entrance to the CORE WEST PARKING STRUCTURE and turn right onto MC LAUGHLIN DRIVE. At the first stop sign, turn left into BASKIN CIRCLE. As you drive around the circle you will see 30-minute meter parking. Park there, toss a dime in the meter, and come downstairs into the Courtyard. There is also a loading zone along the circle, and sometimes you can grab a space there. Go to the registration desk (under the small blue tents) and ask for a permit. Once you get that you can drive back to Core West Parking and select any available space.
- After you park in CORE WEST, proceed to the North Stairwell and walk across the street to the Baskin Engineering Building. The Symposium will be held at the ENGINEERING 2 BUILDING, which is located behind Baskin Engineering. Directional signs will be posted.
CHECK–IN AT REGISTRATION TABLE
When you arrive, please sign in at the registration table in the BSOE Lower Courtyard, between the Engineering 2 and Baskin Engineering Buildings. You can pick up your name badge as well as copies of the agenda and internet instructions there.
If you have not yet paid the registration fee, there will be a computer available at the registration table.
For questions about the event logistics, please contact:
Lavinia Preston: email@example.com, 408-505-4729
Stephanie Lieggi: firstname.lastname@example.org, 831-459-1932
Carlos Maltzahn: email@example.com, 831-459-1627
Anyone needing special arrangements to accommodate a disability is encouraged to call the Faculty Services Office, Baskin School of Engineering, 831-459-5745.